Empower others to empower yourself is not just a common belief but also an ideology that has become imperative in today’s scenario. No wonder it holds true both on professional and personal fronts. How do we empower others? There are many ways to empower people. Let’s understand further how incentivizing might be of help in achieving larger goals.
Ways of incentivizing: Massive changes in the work environment have not just brought about a shift in the way things are perceived during the working hours, but also the needs of people who are at work. In the current era, employees crave for not just for the monetary stimulus, but also the need to have a great work environment that enables them to excel. Consequently, to cater such expectations of the workforce today, organizations are coming up with innovative ideas of persuading their enticement.
- Incentivizing on contribution of a unique & workable idea is something that many corporations are comfortable with. As this not only makes the employees feel extremely involved in the working of the company, but also rewards them on the successful adoption of their idea. The workforce, apart from feeling empowered also gets rewarded for their positive intents. The organization in turn gets a more participative workforce which contributes with genuine and more realistic perspective to the organizational challenges.
- Flexibility in the working hours are kept directly proportional to the accomplishment of tasks. If the employees are given the liberty to choose their work hours which is in accordance to their convenience, they are expected to deliver on the assignments accordingly. Employees are even incentivized for faster turnaround or a faster delivery. It is seen that this has not only brought about an urgency to speed up work but has also got in accuracy of work. Having the liberty to choose the working hours gives an employee a great sense of ease in working, but also encourages them to perform better. All this would make the organization empowered enough to make the most out of the employees while keeping the workforce motivated & happy at the same time.
- Employee recognition programs wherein best work of an employee gets appreciated through a certificate of appreciation along with monetary compensation is a good idea of empowering them. Such appreciation does motivate the employees to keep improving upon their quality of work on a constant basis. Similar incentives have brought reduced the workload of the training department as the employees have become self-motivated & giving peak performance. In fact, the programs conducted for employee motivation have reduced in such organizations.
- As we had previously discussed, incentives need not necessarily be in a monetary form. Sometimes employee engagement activity at office also act as a soft benefit. Such programs could be either purely fun oriented like dance classes, cooking classes or health oriented like gym sessions, exercise programs, fitness activities or address the hobbies of employees like music, sports or adventure. As long as employees derive contentment from being a part of it, it should work wonders. Fostering the innovative side of an individual always assists in churning out the best out of them. Companies who support their employee in keeping in touch with their hobbies / passions end up nurturing an employee base that’s truly loyal & happy. Such loyal workforce is eternally devoted and reliable, which translates into organizational success over time.
- Some corporations inculcate the feeling of ownership within the employees by allotting them nominal shares of the company as an incentive. These shares would multiply with the growing value of the organization. Employees hence are motivated to work dedicatedly to the growth and prosperity of the company.
Whatever the method of incentivizing may be, it should always be borne in mind that passing on the baton of power to the employees is the only way to get more competence in an organization.
This article has already been read 626 times!