About our guest
Deepak Dhar, is the Founder and CEO of Banijay Asia. Banijay Group is the world's largest independent content creation Group for television and multimedia platforms.
Under his leadership, in a span of 20 months, Banijay Asia has produced 18 shows across digital and broadcasting like The Kapil Sharma Show, The Voice, Nach Baliye 9 and others.
Prior to Banijay Asia, Deepak was spearheading Endemol Shine India, where he brought reality shows to the country and introduced shows like The Great Indian Laughter Challenge and Bigg Boss to the small screen.
- Believes in working as an all-rounder and create quality content across platforms.
- Views content as emotions and believes that not necessarily the language, but characters can mostly draw audience to view a show.
- Banijay has partnered with Turmeric Media and Mr. Kamal Haasan and is looking to create more regional content.
- In his words “there is a content war happening across the globe and especially in India and Banijay would want to take the advantage of being the best solution provider with right content and right talent association.”
- After successfully creating a digital fashion reality show for Myntra, there are more brands looking at custom made shows instead of plain sponsorships or ad spots.
- Success to Deepak means learning from mistakes and achieving results continuously.
- Advice to budding entrepreneurs: start early in your life as you will get enough time to fix mistakes you make in your professional journey and are ready for success.
- Favourite movie: Ben-Hur and Sholay
- Favourite Sports Personality: MS Dhoni