About our guest
Porush, is the Founder and CEO of sportskeeda.com. He is an engineer and an MBA graduate from SIBM, Bangalore. He combined his two passions – sports and entrepreneurship - to disrupt the Sports Media Industry and founded Sportskeeda in 2009 when he was 24 years of age. The then blog and now a website attracts over 35 million monthly users.
- Porush, while still in his engineering college, found a gap that there was no all-sports website in India promoting Indian sports.
- Sportskeeda was founded in 2009 by Porush, along with his three friends.
- Sportskeeda was funded in 2011, by an angel investor and later in 2012, got seed funding from seedfund.in.
- Porush is bullish about short form video content and thinks that audio could be the future of how people may consume content.
- Porush’s definition of success is that ‘when lot of people admire and love someone, that is success’. He believes that to achieve greater heights in business or profession, one must keep learning and never look back, but continuously chase his or her dreams.
- In 2019, Nazara Technologies acquired a majority stake in Sportskeeda.
- Favourite sports personality:Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Favourite movie star: Adam Sandler